lunes, 3 de junio de 2019

Gender Roles and stereotypes

The gender roles and stereotypes are the type of things that has been whit us since de creations of the society, that´s what most of people think, but not is not like that, actually the gender roles and the stereotypes is something that the our own society has created, a kind of rules that we must follow if we want to be accepted in the society where we can only find places for "normal" men and women.
Now what I understand  as Gender Roles? What I think in my humble opinion, is that the gender roles are the kind of actions that you must do if you are a girl or if you are a boy. For example, when I was a little girl I remember that I was always wearing pink, pink shirts, pink shoes, pink in everything, I didn't know that I can wear other colors like blue, red or black(the most predominant color in my hold closet now). The others things that I remember was that I can play whit the boys, because they play "boys games" like fut bool, basketball, and that kind of things, obviously this things or this way to be for my wasn´t coming from my parents, actually it was a society thing, I mean if an adult saw me playing fut bool for example or wearing black, something must be wrong whit me.


Now that I a woman(sad but true, I am not a child any more) I see that is nothing wrong that I wear black, or play sport or have men like friends, that kind of thing doesn't make more or less woman, I mena look at me I´m fabulous. Unfortunately then of my victory in my battle against the gender roles, now I have to fight every single day against  the stereotypes. I will love to not say this, but the reality is that the woman are the most affected whit this think of the stereotypes, the "rules" that says that you must be skinny, whit a beautiful hair, and whit a good out fit(rolling my eyes). This apply also in our social life, if a woman has a lot of friends, boys friends, she is lesbian or she´s dating whit them(that is a nice way to say it). But hey don´t get me wrong I have a lost of friends(men) that are also having struggles whit the stereotypes and everything so is not something that´s only affect us girls, this affects all of us and, what I think about this? cut it out! like for real I´m done whit this, we all can be whatever we want to, we don´t have to please everybody only to our self.

1 comentario:

video N° 2

Hi miss I´m already send you the link of the video by e-mail.